All in a days’ work…
The place was deserted, It was an hour to closing time. “This place is damn boring.” Adriana whipped her long blonde hair and rolled blue eyes at me. “It’s a museum, gather knowledge, this will be great for your opening semester essay”. I could feel blue eyes rolling at my back as we climbed higher up the staircase.
I wondered why I thought it was a good idea to come here. I should have been more creative. “I would like to go now, can we leave this center of knowledge”, the sarcasm was palpable. She leaned on the stair case rim.
“Adriana, your parents, are you sure you didn’t see or hear anything.”
“I did,” she said calmly “They cried and begged as I sliced them open”
Blue eyes turned icy cold in one swift blink and something flashed too close to my neck. Losing her balance, she tipped over, blonde haired muffled screams lasted but a minute followed by a sickly thud.
I made the call.
“You were right, I got the confession”.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers : Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
- A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
- Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
- Please credit photo to photographer.
- The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
- Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
- This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
- Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue button). Linky
- Please keep stories below R rating.
- Please respect the diversity of our readers and writers in regard to race, religion, and life style choice when writing your stories.
- Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.